New (5/30/2014): I have reformatted the endgame
databases to make the files much smaller. The 2 though 8 pieces database are now
56GB. Kingsrow users that have the larger original databases can download the new
using links at the program download page.
I have been working on an international draughts version of Kingsrow since
2006. The program is now mature and I am making it and the endgame databases
available for purchase. This is the only complete 8-piece endgame database for international
draughts that is available to the public, the product of 5.6 core-years and 9 calendar months
of computing effort. Even without the large endgame databases, the Kingsrow
program is very strong, with an excellent record against other programs under
Purchasing Kingsrow with 8-piece db on USB flash memory stick
The price for the program and 8-piece endgame database on a 64GB USB flash memory
drive is $85. This price includes First Class shipping, either international or
domestic. First class international shipping typically takes 7 to 14 days.
I can accept payment with a credit card or PayPal. To purchase, click the Buy Now
This will take you to a PayPal website where you can enter either your credit
card or PayPal account info to complete the transaction. When I receive your payment I will
send you an email and advise you when I plan to ship your order. I will
also send you links for installing the program and the endgame databases. If you
have fast internet access, you should be able to download the databases and not
have to wait for the flash memory drive to start using them.
If you cannot use a credit card or PayPal, then Western Union is an
If you have questions, send
me an email.
Complete documentation for Kingsrow International can be found here: KingsrowIntlHelp_English.chm.
It includes information to install and operate the program. The Features and Requirements sections are
also replicated below.
Because you downloaded the file from the Internet, in order to view it you will
need to tell Windows that it is safe to view. Save the file to a local drive, browse to it with Windows Explorer, right click on the filename, click
Properties, click the Unblock button, then OK. You should now be able to view the document by double-clicking on the filename.
- Parallel search engine with selection from 1 to 8 search threads. One
search thread can be used for each core in your computer. Each additional
search thread increases the search speed.
- Endgame databases with win, draw, and loss information
for positions with up to 8 pieces.
- Opening book containing approximately 2.4 million positions that are
likely to be encountered in the first 30 plies of the game.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit program executables.
- Language selections: English, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, and
- Analyze games interactively by moving through a game using the forward and
backward toolbar commands.
- Analyze games using either a normal search or an Allscores search which
gives the search scores of all the moves.
- Analyze multiple games automatically with results written to a text file.
- Play games against the computer.
- Play automated matches against other programs using the DamExchange
- Transfer games and positions between the Windows clipboard and Kingsrow.
- Load games and save games between PDN files and Kingsrow.
- Per move or per game search time controls.
- Multi-window user interface uses familiar Windows controls. It does not
require any optional runtime environments such as .NET or additional .dlls
and should run on any Windows installation.
- Toolbar icons for frequently used functions.
- Resizable text windows with font and background color selection.
- Fully resizable board window with optional square numbers and
selectable black/white orientation.
- Flexible control of endgame databases including subset selection,
enable/disable, and cache size setting.
- Enable or disable saving settings on exit, reset all settings to
defaults, reset only window setups to defaults, ...
- Window 7, 8, Vista, or XP, either 32-bit or 64-bit version.
- 2GB of RAM minimum, and more is recommended. With 32-bit versions
of Windows you will probably be restricted to using at most 2GB for Kingsrow,
even if your computer has as much as 4GB. With 64-bit versions of Windows
there are no such restrictions.
- Disk space requirements depend on database subsets installed.
- 2 through 7 pieces requires 4.7GB
- 2 through 8 pieces requires 55.6GB
Here are some things that you should
consider before purchasing.
- Each purchased copy gives you two License Keys which allows you to run the
program on two of your computers. A License Key enables the program to run on
one particular PC. You can transfer a License Key to another computer but
the program will not run without one.
- It takes several minutes for the large endgame databases to be initialized
at program startup before they can be used during a search. During this
initialization time the program is fully functional, but the searches are
not using the endgame databases.
Kingsrow Screen Shots
Last revised: October 12, 2015